As I was racking my brain for what I could do this evening I came a cross my sadly neglected blog. I figured the least I could do was update it, so here it is:
Fall semester is finally over. It seemed to go by so quickly and yet at the same time drag on. However, I feel that most students would agree with that statement. In the midst of finals and finishing up the term I was able to find joy in my artsy-craftsy-ness. First of all I made Janweb a stocking. It's pretty fantastic if I do say so myself. He chose the idea of an elf and we found a picture online. I then cut up said picture to make my pattern then cut out the felt (I think felt is my new fabric to work with.) Also thanks to you mom for sending me the basic pattern for the stocking. It was a huge help.
And since we don't really have the money, or the space for a large Christmas tree, and I happened to have plenty of green fabric lying around (and left over bells from the stocking) I made us a tiny Christmas tree.... so small it is dwarfed by the presents sitting under and around it. But I do love that little tree :-)
Pictures of these items will be forthcoming, as we have temporarily misplaced the camera. Christmas wishes to you all should I fail to post again this year :-)
~Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment