Friday, September 14, 2012

Montana: The Day Trips

Canada in the distance

While we were up there we were able to visit alot of the spots that my dad grew up with. we went to a place called Big Mountain, and we rode the ski lifts, that was a lot of fun. We saw deer all over the place and Janweb kept joking about seeing a bear...which would have freaked me out had it been true. When we got to the top we took some pictures of Canada, way in the distance and of Montana, out towards Hungry Horse Dam. We rode the lift up the mountain by ourselves, but on the way back down we rode with my parents. The entire time we were on the lift I was terrified that I would drop something, or that Janweb's hat would bet blown off in the wind. I didn't feel like hiking down the mountain to get our stuff back

Hungry Horse 

My dad also took us into Kalispell where he went to high school, and it just so happened that we were able to go inside the high school. It was really cool because they still had pictures up from when my dad went there. Sadly none were of him nut we got pictures of several of his friends (Sorry they're blurry) but apparently my dad hung out with the jocks and athletes.Who knew? He took us around the school and  showed  us all the additions were and we learned all the random facts about where the smokers would hang out and what the football field used to look like. It was tons of fun and I haven't seen my dad that excited in a long time.
Mark Beckwith
Dave Renfrow and Jon Kone


On another day we went into Bigfork Village, which is this really cute downtown area with all the old buildings turned into businesses. It's definitely a tourist attraction area because the prices were rediculously high! Thankfully it was free to walk around and I was able to take pictures of all the cute architecture. My mom and I slit from the boys for a while when they decided to go into a bait shop. Fishing just isn't one of our passions.

When we did finally meet up with eachother Janweb and I decided to take some pictures next to some statues they had on display in the village. We also went into a few gift shops in search of a patch to put on one of Janwebs suitcases, sadly none of the stores carried any. But we did find a store that had a Davey Crockett hat with a wooden gun the went POP when its fires, and some stuffed animals with gigantic eyes for me. :-) There was also a Japenese food place that grabbed Janwebs eye. Mainly because of the name of the restaurant. you just can't beat Sake to Me Sushi. Everytime he saw this sign he just started to laugh. I think it was one of the trip highlights for him. Maybe if we are ever up that way I'll take him there as a special treat :-)

Janweb, Valerie, Ben and Karen and I ended up going back into the village a couple days after the first trip to visit this little icecream shop that is know for their unique flavors. Man they were really good.









No comments:

Post a Comment